Friday, June 9, 2017

JN 217 week 10 forum

Goals:

  1. To write more than the required amount of stories.
  2. To learn how to write an anecdotal lead.
  3. To improve my news writing style.


  •  My first really good anecdotal lead was for "Fun and Games". Here it is:


"The baseball made contact with Gabriel Guzman’s bat. Gabriel ran to first, second, then third base, but would he make home? The ball sped towards Gabriel, but he slid across the LBCC gym floor into home. Safe!"

I still love this lead because it really changed how I write stories. A major turning point for me that I still use.

  • Since last term, my writing style has improved by leaps and bounds. My first story was "All About Wowzerwall", and it was horrible. I only had one live source, and it wasn't interesting. In short it sucked. Like I said before, "Fun and Games" was so much better than anything I had written before. I have definitely improved my story writing skills, and I intend to continue improving them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment