Wednesday, June 7, 2017

JN 134 Blog Forum week 10

Topic 1:

Nagisa Kirby, a member of the Monmouth Taiko group performs
on May 10, 2017 at the LBCC Albany Campus Quad.


1) This was my favourite, because it was the first time everything I learned clicked in. Though the drum sticks aren't clear, Kirby's face is and that is the most important.

2) This photo captures the scene the best out of all my other photos, and it is pretty good quality.

3) I think it combines all the techniques I've learned. Low angle, up close, and in the shadow. It was hard to get this photo, while keeping out of people's way.

4) I've learned the camera settings more, so that it can adjust to the environment I'm in. I have learned to crop better, so I don't cut off or leave in anything I shouldn't. My angles are better, and I became less shy throughout the term. I'm still not great at all these things, but I definitely improved.

Topic 2:

Goals: "I want to be able to use my camera well, to the point that I can see what I want for a picture and be able to know how I could make it happen. I know I won't be an expert by the end of class, but I want to be able to use a camera with confidence. I want to shoot a really good in action sports photo, so I will be working up to it throughout the term. My last main goal for this class is to begin to feel comfortable with taking photos of people."

I did achieve my goals to some degree, but not to the level I hoped. I did get way better with the cameras I worked with. My extreme shyness did lessen, but I still struggle with taking people's photos. My sports photos turned out pretty well, so I'm satisfied with them. Over all I improved, but I think I could and should have worked harder to achieve my goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment