Friday, April 14, 2017

Feature Writing JN217 week 2 Forum

Topic 1:

  My favourite part in Steven King's "On Writing", so far is the part were he gets his ear fixed. I've never had my ear lanced, but I do know what it's like to trust a doctor's words of "it won't hurt", only to have the next moment filled with pain. It is somehow worse when you trust a doctor, and get betrayed, than just knowing the pain is coming anyway. Thank goodness they stop the lies when you reach middle school. King describes this section expertly, more than the rest of the book so far, because it doesn't have needless words injected into it. My favourite quote from this section is after he has had his ear lanced for the third time "I screamed so long and so loud that I can still hear it. In fact, I that in some deep valley of my head that last scream is still echoing" (25). This quote sums up the entire section about his ear with pinpoint accuracy.

Topic 2:

  I want to review either the new Disney Nature movie "Born In China", or a new mac'n'cheese delivery restaurant called "Mac2U". The movie looks interesting, because it's about Chinese animals, and I don't know as much about them. The new mac'n'cheese place just looks good, and they only deliver, so I wouldn't have to drive anywhere.

  I read a review for "African Cats", another Disney Nature film. This review was done by The Hollywood Reporter. They described the movie, the highlights, and the downsides. They overall liked the movie, because it would interest kids, while also raising awareness. I liked that it didn't hark on the negative, but tried to point out the best parts, while also stating how they felt about the movie. I think I'll use this format when doing my review. First describing, then analyzing, and lastly putting in the "why it matters".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment